HELLO AND WELCOME
Friends of Tetherdown is the name of the school Parent Staff Association (PSA) and is a registered charity run by a Committee of parent volunteers. Our singular aim is to enrich and enhance the learning experience of our children. Our multiple methods to do this are broad, bold and fun:
- We fundraise for the school by planning and running a host of great events staggered through the school year. Some for the children, some for the parents. All contributing to our ambitious financial targets and generating a ton of energy and joy.
- In collaboration with the school we decide and vote on how the funds are spent and so influence the school environment, facilities and focus.
- We act as an interface between the staff and the families to encourage and promote everyone working together to realise the vision we have for our school.
In the last full school year (2018/19) we raised a record-breaking £40,000 on a target of £30,000. It was a truly great year – full of newness and innovation, fresh ideas and fun. Even this last year (2019/20), interrupted by Covid, we raised a respectable £22,000.
WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO?
Mostly significantly, signed-off on the complete overhaul of the school’s IT system which included:
- Migration of the old school server to Office 365 and a Cloud-based storage system.
- All computers and laptops in the school upgraded.
- ICT components and services and processes computerised and standardised across the school.
- New and experienced IT provider, “Turn IT On”, is providing holistic/strategic ICT guidance, improving data safeguarding, protection and compliance.
- With weekly on-site technical support, staff are now able to utilise the full potential of the ICT tools available, enabling new ways of more collaborative and personalised teaching and learning.
New gymnastics and sports equipment
Repair and replacement of Infant Playground equipment
Our own collapsible tower
A new scooter rack
Gardening and landscaping
Annual standing subsidy to support areas such as learning resources, IT, books, and school trips.
HOW DID WE MAKE IT?
With so many magical moments… the dazzling Silent Disco, the brilliant Comedy Night and enchanting Magic Show, the Film Nights, Summer and Winter Fairs with their famous auctions and oh so much more.
Do have a look at our News page for details on all the delights coming your way.
And now our brand new and exciting Shop is here. Your chance to browse this ever-evolving catalogue and choose the gifts for the school that move you. Every gift will have a real impact.
So please get involved. Volunteer to help at an event, run an event, or better still join the committee!
All the committee members love our deeper engagement and influence with the school. We’re a great team – committed to keeping things fresh and effective.
The contribution is important, inspiring and fun. And we’re good company. Get on board. Join the team.
You won’t regret it – we promise.